2019 Parks and Recreation Commission
EP3 – Excellence in People, Programs & Purpose
The Parks and Recreation Commission (PaRC) consists of 10 members, nine of whom are appointed by the Mayor from nominations made by City Council, who work collaboratively with the Director of Parks and Recreation to further the mission of quality recreational opportunities for all Portsmouth citizens.
Each highly qualified member, appointed at the beginning of each Mayoral term, has demonstrated skills and knowledge which will benefit each Portsmouth community. The members are made up of citizens from each zip code across the City to ensure that each community has a voice. Please contact your Commission representative for your area with concerns and comments.
Volunteers Needed for Commission
The Parks, Recreation and Toursim Commission is looking for volunteers to fill 4 open seats on the Commission. Responsibilities include a desire to give back to your community by advising on issues involving Parks and Recreation, programs, events and facilities. If you are interested in serving, please complete the application online. You must be a Portsmouth resident and be able to attend meetings on the 4th Wednesday of each month. For more information, contact Monica Johnson at 757-393-8481 or email@example.com.
Welcome to the Team
4 vacant seats
The mission of the Commission on Parks and Recreation is to provide quality, affordable recreational opportunities to all Portsmouth citizens. In order to reach this goal, the Commission works to:
- Promote opportunities for our city’s park and recreational spaces and their users
- Develop and adopt written, enforceable standards and guidelines for park and recreation land and facilities related to their use
- Make recommendations to expand and diversify revenue options for recreational and capital expenditures
- Assist in promoting, supporting and enhancing the image of parks and recreational facilities and programs
- Provide quality and affordable programs which interest all citizens
- To facilitate a Master Plan for recreation which promotes physical fitness and well maintained facilities
PaRC works diligently to provide Portsmouth residents, the very best ideas and recommendations to promote, wellness, physical fitness and leisure activities.
PaRC holds monthly meetings on the last Wednesday of every. For exact time and location of future meetings, visit the Portsmouth Parks and Recreation Facebook Page or check the Events section of our website.